CJSC "BioEco" is the owner of bioglue composition and manufacturing know-how, as well as it owns a method of bioglue application by manufacturing of wood-based panels.
The current task of the company is to elaborate technical regulations on manufacturing process and specification of bioglue compositions made of food industries’ offals, which are used for production of wood-based panels, to meet the mandatory requirements of Russian State Standard (GOST).
Belikova Irina - Chief Executive Officer, management of innovative projects, IP-expertise, adviser in marketing, management and finances. Work experience over 10 years.
Vorobiev Stepan, Deputy General Director for Economics and Marketing. Marketing support, economical activity of the company. Has an extensive work experience in commercial organizations.
Martynova Natalia - Deputy Director General for R & D and production. Organization and management of R&D and manufacturing process. Has a great experience in conducting of research and organizational work.
Gorb Mihail – Biochemist. Biological and chemical tests and trials in order to improve the qualitative and quantitative indicators of the manufactured product. Has an extensive experience in laboratory work.
Bezkorovayniy Andrey – Biochemist. Biological and chemical tests and trials in order to improve the qualitative and quantitative indicators of the manufactured product. He has an extensive experience in laboratory work.
The company develops technology of glue compositions (bioglues) production using microbial polysaccharides and modified offals of microbiological and processing industries (dairy, brewing, sugar enterprises, distilleries) as a raw. Molasses, stillage, lactoserum are used to produce bioglues.
The major component of the proposed bioglue is dextran produced by harmless microorganisms (used in the food-processing industry) as a result of polysaccharide biotransformation. Polysaccharides are contained in the organic offal of food industries (molasses, stillage, lactoserum).
An analysis of the market
he segment of the market, to which the proposed product is oriented, is represented by the manufacturers of wood-based panels
Present consumption of resins containing formaldehyde (including urea-formaldehyde, phenol-formaldehyde, melamine-phenolic) makes about 1 307 000 tons in Russia.
As of today, the estimated formaldehyde resins production makes about 1 172 thousand tons per year. Consumption of resins containing formaldehyde will increase up to 1 731 thousand tons by the year of 2015, thus the deficit might make about 253 thousand tons per year.
In 2011 the increase of resins consumption by production of wooden panels is estimated in 10% per year.
An average price of resins used in the woodworking is 25 RUR / kg. Potential market volume is 38 700 million RUR.
Current natural glues are very close by characteristics to the proposed bioglue (for example, adhesive capacity to “conventional strip” – 1,5-5 kg, adhesion strength – 6-10 MPa).
However the bioglue has a number of strong advantages:
- The offals of food industries are used for the bioglue production. That allows not only to solve the problem of glue market saturation, but also to reduce environmental effects of enterprises. In addition, the organization of bioglue production enables food processing enterprises to meet the ready offals sale and reduce expenses related to processing of secondary raw materials.
- The proposed bioglue is absolutely ecologically safe.
- The cost of the bioglue is much lower in comparison to the analogs (by 30-50%).
- The proposed bioglue is moisture-resistant in contrast to other natural glues.
- The proposed composition is universal and can be used to glue wood, paper, labels, plywood etc.
- The colour and the viscidity of the bioglue composition can be matched to characteristics of the glued surfaces (for example, restoration work requires viscous glue with an invisible seam, pressing wood-based panels requires less viscous glue, that interblends easily with sawdust, shaving, etc.).
$1 500 000